We are sponsored by the Office of Education, Diocese of Allentown, and offer academic, social, religious and pre-vocational instruction to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Schuylkill County and surrounding counties regardless of race, creed and ethnic origin. St. Joseph Center also offers a state licensed adult habilitation program for those over 21 who, due to functional level, are unable to join the workforce.
You are Your Child’s First Teacher!
You play a big part in how well your son or daughter does in school. We invite you to work with our teachers to help students get all they can out of their growing years.
To embrace the Catholic Church’s teaching on the sanctity of human life. St. Joseph Center for Special Learning, Inc. is called and committed to serve each child and adult with special needs.
No two students have exactly the same skills or learning style. That’s why we create an individual learning plan for every child. Your plan will combine direct instruction, small-group work, and one-on-one tutoring in a way that works for your student.
• To address the emotional needs of each person
• To maintain a Christ-centered atmosphere
• To provide individual instruction and support plans
• To encourage a partnership between home and school
• To meet occupational, physical and sensory needs
• To promote a caring and respectful environment
• To develop life, community and vocational skills