Director of Development
St. Joseph Center in Pottsville, PA is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and caring person to conduct all phases of comprehensive development and marketing programs. The individual will provide strong leadership and work in collaboration with the Administration, Board of Directors and volunteers. This person must be passionate about advocating for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Development program, with focus on donor identification and cultivation
- Manage comprehensive donor database
- Marketing, including newsletter, press releases, website, social media, brochures, and the annual report
- Fundraising programs including Annual Appeal, Gala, Golf Outing, and 5KRun
- Major gifts and planned giving initiatives
- Research and prepare grant applications
- Raise donor funds for scholarships through PA’s EITC/OSTC Tax Credit Program for businesses and individuals
- Support the activities of the Board. Ensure meeting reminders, agendas, and minutes.
- A minimum of 1- 3 years’ experience in not-for-profit development and marketing
- A high level of familiarity and involvement in the Schuylkill County community
- Proven volunteer leadership capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong partnership and team building skills
- Self-motivated, work well under pressure and able to handle several projects at one time
This is a full-time, year-round position with benefits. The Center is sponsored by the Diocese of Allentown and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should send resume and references to Robert Giba, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.